Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

"I don't like peace!"

One of the books I read to Robin this week was Dear Ichiro by Jean Davies Okimoto, illustrated by Doug Keith.  It's a very skillfully done story about peace and what it means, at a concrete level which is perfect for early elementary age kids.  While I was reading it Robin said, "I don't like peace!" which was great, because then I could ask him what he thought peace was.  "Being quiet" he said.  And then I could explain that sometimes peace doesn't mean being quiet - instead it can mean being in good relationship with another person so you can do really fun, exciting things together.

Robin continued to work with Saxon Math K.

We went for several walks, bikes, or hikes.

And read books about the rain forest and the wind.

Robin was able to look at money from Great Britain when his godmother came over with cash still in her wallet from a recent trip overseas.

Robin had the opportunity to observe the extinguishing of a small kitchen fire after his brother accidentally lit a paper cup on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment