Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reading by writing

Robin said something interesting to me today: "I don't know how to read it but I know how to write my name so I know that's it."  Now, obviously, this means he DOES know how to read it (which I already knew) but it gave me the idea that maybe we should be doing some more writing with him.  I decided to start by using a Montessori set of words called the "Pink Cards".  I printed out a set of cards from this site to use as flashcards, and then I made writing practice sheets using this site using the same words.  We did six words today and that seemed to be about the right amount.  I also read to Robin.

Including a retelling of Jason and the Argonauts and a book about butterflies.

We worked with Saxon Math 1 today.

Robin did some drawing.

We went for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment